In event of the discovery of a fire or fire alarm sounding teachers/responsible adult will raise the alarm and follow evacuation procedure
Studio Six evacuation procedure
- Students should proceed quietly and calmly to the fire assembly point
- Teachers will be the last to leave and check that all persons have left the room
- Responsible adults will close doors and windows if safe to do so
- Teachers will take a register and call the emergency services if necessary.
- Teachers will decide when it is safe to re-enter the building
- St Martins – responsible adults direct students out through the nearest fire exit, meeting point is on the green to the side of St Martins Community Centre
- Sport Centre – responsible adults direct students out through the nearest fire exit, meeting point is next to the ski slope
- Leas Cliff Hall responsible adults direct students out through the nearest fire exit, meeting point is opposite Leas Cliff Hall Next to Skuba
The owner of the premises we hire are responsible for carrying out fire risk assessments, ensuring that all Fire Exits and escape routes are maintained, work correctly and unobstructed. Also appropriate fire equipment is available and working.
Hirers ensure that they check the fire exits prior to use of the Dance Studio. Studio Six conducts own risk assessment annually and any issues brought to the attention of owner.
Studio Six performs a fire drill annually at St Martins and Sport Centre Studio 2